An Introduction (Or Reintroduction) to Nutrition (45-day challenge)
Raise the Bar CrossFit will be hosting a Nutrition Challenge to kick off the new year. This challenge will provide you with the tools to help redefine your relationship with food, learn to use food for fuel, and “reset” our bodies so that we can get back on track to a healthy balanced lifestyle.
This Nutrition Challenge will be point based. The first half of the challenge will be based on the quality of your overall food intake and points will be earned based on the quality of the food. The second half of the challenge will be similar but will also incorporate tracking the specific macronutrients of your food based on individual needs. This is not simply a weight loss challenge.
The first nutrition meeting will take place on Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 12pm. During this meeting, we will go over the details of what participants can expect, how this challenge will positively affect you, take you through a tutorial on how to use My Fitness Pal, explain the rules of the challenge and answer any questions.
What kind of challenge?
Phase 1. Clean it Up! (15 Days)
The first 15 days of this challenge will focus primarily on eating nutrient dense, high quality foods. The goal is to eat foods that support and sustain exercise but not body fat. This phase is about “cleaning up” the diet and promoting foods that positively impact our performance in the gym and our lives. There will be an approved food list as guidance for you during the challenge that will ensure it is as easy as possible to make smart food choices.
Phase 2. Hitting your numbers! (30 days)
Now that you have been eating quality food for two weeks, the next progression is to dial it in even further and focus on nutrition on an individual, macronutrient based level. Protein, fat, and carbohydrates are the three primary macronutrients and provide us with energy. Macronutrient amounts are a critical component when dealing with performance and weight loss goals. Meeting your daily intake of protein, fat and carbohydrates allows us to fine tune and adjust the levels based on your individual needs.
1st Place (male and female finishers):
- 2 – 30 minute personal training sessions
- One month membership to RTBCF
- Rogue Fitness Gift Card
2nd Place (male and female finishers):
- 2 – 30 min personal training sessions
- Joltz and Juice Gift Card
3rd Place (male and female finishers):
- Free T-Shirt
- Jolts and Juice Gift Card
What you get:
- Before after body fat measurements
- Before and after pictures
- Personalized macro calculations (we do that for you!)
- Prizes for top three finishers in male and female divisions
- $49 for RTB and Loft members/$69 for non-members
- Commitment and grit. This won’t be easy, but it will be worth it and if you stick with it, you can change your life and your relationship with the food you put into your body.
- 4 points: Perfect Day of Eating
- 3 Points: One minor slip (Example: Dressing on your salad, cream in your coffee, a bite of a donut, one bite or sip of anything that is not allowed)
- 2 Points: Significant Slip, but not entire meal (Example: One beer or glass of wine, had some cheese and sour cream in chili, or bread during dinner)
- 1 Point: Major Slip, a full meal went bad (Example: More than one alcoholic drink, sugary coffee instead of meal, pizza for dinner)
- 0 Point: More than one meal went bad throughout the day (Example: Went out for drinks or had more than one cheat throughout the day.)
- Bonus Points: 1 point for working out at an RTBCF class (multiple WODs/Day = still 1 pt)
Point System (Phase 2):
- 4 points: Perfect Day of Eating
- 3 Points: Minor Slip (Cream in coffee, bite or sip of something
- 2 Points: Significant Slip
- 1 Point: Major Slip, a full meal went bad
- 0 Point: More than one meal went bad throughout the day
- 1 point for working out at an RTBCF class (multiple WODs/Day = still 1 pt)
- 1 Point for being within 10 grams of your Protein
- 1 Point for being within 10 grams of your Carbohydrates
- 1 Point for being within 5 grams of your Fats
Athletes must first register for the challenge.
Register at the gym with a coach or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you are registered, we will set up an appointment to meet with a coach. During this appointment, we will take your progress photos, measurements and go over the nutrition challenge with you.
Nutrition is the foundation of active and healthy lifestyles. Let us help you to make effective and sustainable changes in your eating habits that will help you to achieve the next level in your performance and or body composition goals.